I was born and raised in Los Angeles before attending Wesleyan University, majoring in Government and American studies. I worked several years in information technology, community organizing, and L.A. film festivals before I went on to earn a postbaccalaureatte certificate at Bryn Mawr College. I completed medical school and Psychiatric residency training at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. I served as Chief Resident and won the Outstanding Senior Resident award before moving home to LA. In addition to private practice, I am a staff psychiatrist at UCLA.
My medical training has included work with world experts in psychopharmacology and psychotherapy.
I trained with leaders in the field who created and continue to develop cognitive behavior therapy and exposure therapies at Penn. I have extensive training and experience with
- psychodynamic psychotherapy
- dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)
- exposure based therapies (PE, ExRP, Panic).
Through collaboration with leading experts in specialty clinics, I have developed expertise in treating
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- anxiety disorders (including panic)
- obsessive compulsive disorders
- bipolar disorder
- treatment resistant depression.